MCS cafeterias now serving healthier meals | Schools
(WMC-TV) – A 13-minute YouTube video is highlighting some positive changes going on in cafeterias across Memphis schools.
The video was produced by a division of the American Egg Board, a group responsible for marketing eggs.
The video shows how Tony Geraci, director of Memphis City Schools’ Child Nutrition Services, has introduced fresh produce into the diet of the district’s 100,000 students.
“We are not going to feed our kids carnival food,” Geraci says in the video. “Our students are enjoying the taste of fresh, wholesome food and that’s our mission.”
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City Council, Mayor Wharton at odds over potential AutoZone purchase
- Shelby Co. leaders vote against being a part of convention center expansion study
- Council delays vote again on purchase of AutoZone Park
- RACE DAY GUIDE: Thousands prepare for St. Jude Memphis Marathon
- Memphians will find no room at downtown hotels