Andy Wise sets Restaurant Scorecard's Best Chili contestants | Restaurants
Midtown boasts three restaurants in the running to topple Downtown's Bardog Tavern as owning the "Best Restaurant Chili" recipe in the Mid-South.
Action News 5 viewers nominated The Slider Inn, Fuel Cafe and Young Ave. Deli as Midtown establishments to compete in Andy Wise's Restaurant Scorecard's Second Annual Best Restaurant Chili Cook-Off. The competition will air Thursday, May 10, and Thursday, May 17 on Action News 5 at 10.
Front St. Deli, 77 S. Front St., is the fourth nominee whose chili recipe was selected to compete.
Inaugural winner Bardog Tavern, 73 Monroe Ave., will defend its trophy, which has been on display at the bar since Bardog won in February 2011.
Click here for the coverage of last year's contest.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Dec 15, 7:30PM
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Z-Bo takes the shirt of his back, gives it to young fan
- City Council, Mayor Wharton at odds over potential AutoZone purchase
- Shelby Co. leaders vote against being a part of convention center expansion study
- Council delays vote again on purchase of AutoZone Park
- RACE DAY GUIDE: Thousands prepare for St. Jude Memphis Marathon