National Library Workers Week | People
“You belong @ your library” is the National Library Workers Week 2012 theme. Whether you are a job seeker looking for career resources, a student working on a school project, a parent looking for free educational activities for children, an avid reader in search of the next popular book, or if you are taking advantage of the many services and resources the library has to offer, “you belong @ your library.”
“The Memphis Public Library & Information Center plays a critical role in the community. We are on the cutting edge of new technology and offer a wide-range of new electronic services…it is an honor to work in such a powerful place alongside so many wonderful, dedicated, and knowledgeable individuals.” said Keenon McCloy, Memphis Public Library & Information Center Director of Libraries.
National Library Week is Sunday, April 8 – Saturday, April 14. The week is filled with events, programs, and library worker appreciation activities.
- April – School Library Month
- Monday, April 9 – 2012 State of America's Report released
- Tuesday, April 10 – National Library Workers Day
- Wednesday, April 11 – National Bookmobile Day
- Thursday, April 12 – Support Teen Literature Day
Susan Benton, President and CEO of the Urban Libraries Council, will be in Memphis on Tuesday, April 10 for National Library Workers Day.
National Library Week began in 1958 and is a national observance sponsored by the American Library Association (ALA) and libraries across the country each April.
For more information, visit ALA.org.
Information provided by the Memphis Public Library & Information Center
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Dec 15, 7:30PM
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Z-Bo takes the shirt of his back, gives it to young fan
- City Council, Mayor Wharton at odds over potential AutoZone purchase
- Shelby Co. leaders vote against being a part of convention center expansion study
- Council delays vote again on purchase of AutoZone Park
- RACE DAY GUIDE: Thousands prepare for St. Jude Memphis Marathon