Snowy Nights in My Big Backyard | Parents & kids
It's snowing in Memphis next weekend!
But you won't find snow flakes in Dave Brown's forecast, but you can find them in The Memphis Botanic Garden at their annual Snowy Nights in My Big Backyard.
Beginning Friday, Nov. 23 visitors can stroll through falling snow and see a musical light display in the children's garden. There is themed lighting at all the playhouses.
Kids can play in a giant Snow Globe that's even bigger and better than last year's. They can also decorate cookie dough ornaments, search for hidden snowflakes in the Snowflake Forest, and play games like the Mitten Toss and Tic-Tac-Snow.
There's even a Giant Light Bright where you can make your own designs.
If the kids (or the adults) need a rest, everyone can take a break and stay warm around campfire pits on the patio. You can even bring marshmallows to roast.
- There's even a larger-than-life Snow Throne when you can stop for pictures.
- Snowy Nights in My Big Backyard runs Fridays & Saturdays, Nov. 23 to Dec. 15
- Open daily Dec.17 to 29 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. with the last admission at 8 p.m.
- Closed Christmas Eve &and Christmas Day.
- Cost is MBG members $5, non-members $7, and children under 2 are free.
- There is a non-profit group admission of $5 for groups of 10 or more.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Dec 15, 7:30PM
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Z-Bo takes the shirt of his back, gives it to young fan
- City Council, Mayor Wharton at odds over potential AutoZone purchase
- Shelby Co. leaders vote against being a part of convention center expansion study
- Council delays vote again on purchase of AutoZone Park
- RACE DAY GUIDE: Thousands prepare for St. Jude Memphis Marathon