MLGW basketball tournament benefits United Way of the Mid-South | News
MEMPHIS, TN- (WMC-TV) - MLGW employees consistently rank in the top six for per capita donations to the United Way of the Mid-South.
Last year they raised more than $630,000 dollars, and Saturday MLGW employees hit the hardwood to benefit United Way again.
"I haven't always been able to financially give to United Way so I figured I would give my time and the way I give my time is basketball tournament going on behind me in. This is my 4th year doing in the United Way 4th Annual United Way Basketball Tournament," said Kevin Watkins from MLGW Work Process Management Alignment.
The annual MLGW United Way Basketball Tournament was held on Penny Hardaways Fast Break Court in the Methodist University Gym.
Their competition on the court came from Comcast, The Mount Moriah All-Stars and the Memphis Express, a team founded by Penny Hardaway.
Copyright 2012 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Dec 15, 7:30PM
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Z-Bo takes the shirt of his back, gives it to young fan
- City Council, Mayor Wharton at odds over potential AutoZone purchase
- Shelby Co. leaders vote against being a part of convention center expansion study
- Council delays vote again on purchase of AutoZone Park
- RACE DAY GUIDE: Thousands prepare for St. Jude Memphis Marathon