The Memphis Center for Reproductive Health is reaching out to health providers in the Hispanic community in hopes of increase awareness and collaboration between reproductive health providers, and HIV/AIDS service providers.
Last year the center created Parallel Paths for this purpose. Now MCRH has started Caminos Paralelos. The goal is to reduce the stigma of being HIV positive and increase accessibility of HIV testing and reproductive health care services within the Latino community. Increase providers ability to talk to patients about HIV/AIDS. And provide referrals to patients for HIV testing.
The Parallel Paths/ Caminos Paralelos is planning six new Lunch and Learns for 2001-20012.
* HIV and Menopause- July 28
* Domestic Violence and HIV- Aug. 25
* Clinic and Community Partner Updates - Oct. 20
* Parenting Options for HIV Positive Men - Nov. 17
* Integrating Reproductive Health and HIV Counseling/Testing - Jan. 12