Memphis businesses team up to give away more than 1,000 bikes | Events
Several Memphis businesses have teamed up to help give some Mid-South children a happier Christmas.
It’s a program to give 1,000 bikes to kids between five and 13-years-old in a community-wide holiday endeavour.
The Boys & Girls Club, Wal-Mart, Tax Pros, the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree Program, Regions Bank and Bank of America have joined with founder and director of Ultimate Athletics Leigh Greer.
Ultimate Athletics is a nonprofit organization known for it national Math, Drills and Skills program.
To qualify, parents must fill out an application at the Boys & Girls Club and any Tax Pros’ locations:
- 3556 Hickory Hill Rd.
- 2669 Lamar Ave.
- 4653 Knight Arnold Rd.
- 3084 S. Third St.
- 4560 Millbranch Rd.
- Suite 102, 2376 Airways Blvd.
- 4570 Raleigh LaGrange Rd.
- 500 W. Broadway in West Memphis, Ark.
Donations can be made to the Bike Dreams Fund at any Regions Bank or Bank of America.
Kids will receive their gifts between Dec.15 and 24.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Dec 15, 7:30PM
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Z-Bo takes the shirt of his back, gives it to young fan
- City Council, Mayor Wharton at odds over potential AutoZone purchase
- Shelby Co. leaders vote against being a part of convention center expansion study
- Council delays vote again on purchase of AutoZone Park
- RACE DAY GUIDE: Thousands prepare for St. Jude Memphis Marathon