Boys & Girls Club of Greater Memphis nominates "Youth of the Year" | Community Spirit
Memphis area teens in the Boys and Girls Clubs competing for "Youth of the Year."
The competition showcases five exemplary students from each branch of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Memphis.
The winner will represent Memphis at the state competition.
The Memphis area competition will be held at the Peabody Hotel
This year's Memphis contestants are listed below.
- Anterrial Harris, a Senior at Overton High School, representing the Porter Goodwill Branch
- William Burnett Turner, a Junior at White Station High School, representing the John Dustin Buckman Branch
- Tavina Malone, a junior at Kirby High School, representing the Bernal E. Smith Sr. Branch
- Cory Manning, a junior at Memphis Business Academy High School, representing the Sycamore View Branch
- Justin Harris – a senior at Craigmont High School, representing the Ira Samelson Jr. Branch
For more information on the Youth of the Year Luncheon or to purchase tickets or a table for the event, visit www.bgcm.org/stateoftheyouth or call 901-487-1972.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City Council, Mayor Wharton at odds over potential AutoZone purchase
- Shelby Co. leaders vote against being a part of convention center expansion study
- Council delays vote again on purchase of AutoZone Park
- RACE DAY GUIDE: Thousands prepare for St. Jude Memphis Marathon
- Memphians will find no room at downtown hotels