Soggy weather creates less parking for Iowa State, Tulsa game at the Liberty Bowl | Community Spirit
Soggy weather means there's less places to park for the New Year's Eve game.
MATA provided a shuttle Monday afternoon at the a variety of locations.
The weather didn't stop anxious tailgaters who staked out their party areas early Monday morning outside of the Liberty Bowl.
By the time fans pack into the stadium to see Iowa and Tulsa this afternoon, more that $20 million tourist dollars will have been spent in Memphis.
Every where you look fans are filling up local hotels, restaurants and attractions like Graceland.
Several who stopped by the stadium early to take pictures say they're having a good time and don't mind paying for it.
"We'll have a hotel for three nights and whatever it takes to eat for those three days," said Iowa fans Carolyn and Randy Weir.
After the game you will see lots of fans partying and spending money at clubs along Beale Street.
Liberty Bowl organizers say there is a bonus to all this, because fans who have a good time at the game often come back to Memphis to visit during other times of the year.
Top Midtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- $300K in federal money pulled from bike, pedestrian project
- Pediatric Cancer Genome Project dedicated to mapping out cancer's DNA
- Wharton: 'Memphis has to act on these financial issues now'
- FedExForum to host inaugural AAC Tournament
- Organizers expect Harahan Bridge Boardwalk to change 'international image'