Caruthersville community raises $8,000 for baby with liver disease | Community Spirit
The community of Caruthersville, Missouri has raised more than $8,000 for a two-month-old baby girl with liver disease.
Meghan Rackley and her husband found out their daughter was sick on Nov. 28.
So they brought her to Le Bonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis, where doctors found she had a rare liver disease.
"You know people say a lot of bad things about small towns but I just don't see how anyone could say anything bad about us. Its just amazing to be from a little area like this," said Meghan Rackley.
The Caruthersville community did everything from bake sales, to barbecues.
Even a local shop sold Christmas wreaths to generate money.
The family said all of the little girl's medical expenses will be covered.
Upcoming Events near Midtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City Council, Mayor Wharton at odds over potential AutoZone purchase
- Shelby Co. leaders vote against being a part of convention center expansion study
- Council delays vote again on purchase of AutoZone Park
- RACE DAY GUIDE: Thousands prepare for St. Jude Memphis Marathon
- Memphians will find no room at downtown hotels