Urban League Young Professionals looking for agents of change | Community Spirit
It is the dawn of a new era, and Memphis is ripe with young professionals working to make positive contributions in their professions and a significant impact on our community. Nominations are being accepted now through October 31 to honor these selfless servants at the Memphis Urban League Young Professionals (MULYP) 2011 Agents of Change Awards on Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 7:00 p.m. at Opera Memphis.
In its second year, the Agents of Change Awards will continue to celebrate the achievements of young, minority professionals in the Greater Memphis community. These individuals are the driving force behind the city’s success and should be recognized as the NOW generation of leaders, who are not waiting to see progressive change take place, but are making it happen. As a collective unit these young, game changers are one of the most integral assets that Memphis has to offer.
Through efforts such as the Agents of Change Awards, MULYP intends to continue to help shape the future of Memphis by celebrating individuals in our community that are moving the needle forward and empowering others to do the same.
Nomination packets are available at mulyp.org/change and tickets for the AOC Awards can be purchased at aoc2011.eventbrite.com.
WHO: Memphis Urban League Young Professionals
WHAT: Agents of Change Awards Call for Nominations
WHEN: Nomination deadline: October 31, 2011 at 4:00 p.m.
WHERE: Email Awards Selection Committee Chair, Rasheedah Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail to: Lori Spicer, Attn: Agents of Change Awards, P.O. Box 3776, Memphis, TN 38173
About Memphis Urban League Young Professionals:
Memphis Urban League Young Professionals (MULYP) is a service oriented leadership organization designed to support the objectives of the National Urban League, Memphis Urban League, and National Urban League Young Professionals. Our mission is to promote the development of young professionals (ages 21-40) in the Memphis area and to serve our affiliates through social and community action. For more info or to “Join the Movement” please visit www.mulyp.org or contact Memphisulyp.email@example.com.
1. Agent of Change Award: A tribute to a person (21-40), who challenges obstacles to bring about exceptional change and has triumphed by inspiring leadership that results in empowering the voice of others who are also impacting the Memphis Urban League Young Professional community.
2. The MULYP Legends Award: An award presented to an individual (over 40) whose long-standing professional career or service to the community epitomizes excellence, commitment, and positive influence while making a tremendous contribution in the lives of others.
3. MULYP Member of the Year Award [YP to Watch]: Awarded to a current and active YP member (age 21‐40) that empowers lives through his/her outstanding contributions, leadership and achievements in service to Memphis Urban League Young Professionals.
4. Innovator of the Year Award: Awarded to a person (21-40) for their entrepreneurial or creative vision in the areas of technology, service, innovation, and corporate sponsorship, demonstrating strong leadership that has affected the community, and has the potential to bring about change nationally and globally through the development of their innovation.
5. The Committed Doer Award [Community Activist]: Presented to an individual (21-40) who possesses outstanding citizenship, demonstrates a selfless commitment to volunteering through hands-on community service, takes initiative in meeting a critical need that directly helps improve a group or individual, and works to assist in bringing about positive change in the community, leading others to take charge.
6. Health Advocate of the Year Award: Presented to a person (21‐40) who has dedicated their time and resources to significantly contribute to the advancement of health promotion and/or health care.
7. Arts Enthusiast of the Year Award: Pays special tribute to a person (21- 40) who has influenced the community with the priceless gift of his/her talents, time and unwavering commitment in the area of the *arts (*dance, theater, music, visual arts, etc).
8. Educator of the Year Award: Honors an individual (21‐40) who has devoted their service to the field of academics, who has nurtured young people and who is an asset in the educational field.
9. Helping Hand Award: A not‐for‐profit or faith‐based organization that is recognized for its outstanding work in philanthropic and/or charitable endeavors, that demonstrates excellence of service to the community, has been innovative with approaches to improving the inner spirit and quality of life of others and possesses an outstanding organizational image and structure that serves the community’s needs.
10. Greek Organization of the Year Award: Awarded to a sorority or fraternity that demonstrates not only leadership but encourages creativity and development of its members through volunteerism, a global vision for community improvements and emulates professional excellence.